Ogden Memorial Presbyterian Church -- the oldest Church in Chatham, NJ -- was originally part of the Green Village Church established during the colonial days. It was incorporated in 1823 as "Trustees of the Village Church of Chatham", when it was located at what is today 64 Main Street. Ogden moved to its present home at 286 Main Street -- the corner of Elmwood and Main Streets -- in 1905.
The congregation built the gymnasium in the 1920's, and completed the hallmark of Ogden's presence on Main Street -- the three-story stone tower with a round-arched porte cochere at the base and a crenellated parapet at the apex -- in the 1930's.
The 1960's brought the addition of stained glass windows -- interfacing triptychs on the south and north walls, respectively depicting the birth and resurrection of Christ. Various biblical scenes are depicted on other stained glass windows throughout the sanctuary. They have been featured in numerous walking tours of Chatham